Like most families we found out last week that our school and daycare were closing. For the better part of the weekend I’ve been scrambling to prepare and figure out what our game plan is. Our school district sent home e-learning resources, lesson plans, and enrichment activities. This will help but, as a parent, your bag of tricks can never be too deep.
I’ve started collecting ideas, activities and information for our kids and figured I’d share. Below is a collection of what I’ve aggregated so far. I’ll continue to edit these and encourage anyone to share what they’ve found useful or helpful via this Github Gist.
- PBS KIDS DAILY (Newsletter)
- Resources for Families and Educators Facing Coronavirus Uncertainty
- Jen the Entomologist Pre-school Science - Tiny Science Channel
Digital Field Trips
- How to make a zine from a single sheet of paper - Austin Kleon
- Austin Kleon’s Drawing with Kids Recommendations
- Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems
- Wendy MacNaughton’s Daily Draw Together Sessions on Instagram Live
Talking to Kids
- How You and Your Kids Can De-Stress During Coronavirus
- What is social distancing? (Video)
- Miss Johnson’s Social Emotional Online Library
- Schooling at home advice from a homeschooling family.
- Amazing Educational Resources — Google Docs
- Scholastic Learn at Home
Last Updated 3/24